When I posted my trip report last week and mentioned that Delta damaged our stroller, a commenter requested that I report back. Well, we received notification from Delta on Wednesday that a check was in the mail to cover the stroller. While we did have to submit all the receipts and do all that work, it was a pretty painless process. Anyone else had experience with Delta lately with mishandled bags? No need to stop at Delta – how has everyone else been doing?
Subscribe to Cranky Posts for Free
Most Popular Posts This Month
- How Southwest Determines Your Boarding Card Number, and How You Can Now Jump the Line for $40
- Which Airlines and Cities Stand to Win if The LaGuardia Perimeter Rule Disappears?
- My First Flight in American’s New Slimline Seats (Trip Report)
- The US Carriers Show Their Case Against Middle East Carriers, But Will Anyone Care?
- What is Virgin America Thinking With Its New Dallas to Austin Route?
- The Big US Carriers Are Just Begging for Competition
Categories787 Accidents/Incidents Across the Aisle Interviews Admin Advertising AirTran Alaska Airlines Alitalia Allegiant American Baggage BNET Boeing British Airways Continental Customer Service Delays/Cancellations Delta Distribution ExpressJet Fares Frequent Flier Programs Frontier Government Regulation Guest Posts Hawaiian Inflight Entertainment JetBlue Labor Relations LAX - Los Angeles Lufthansa Mergers/Finance Midwest Airlines Miscellaneous Northwest Safety/Security Schedule Changes Seats Southwest Spirit Technology Trip Reports United US Airways Virgin America