As I said yesterday, nothing has made this blog more successful than the 23,000+ comments that you guys have left. And there are some of you that contribute a lot more than others to the cause. In fact, there are 22 of you who still actively comment and have had more than 100 comments on the blog. You can probably guess the number one commenter . . . male performance enhancers. But for some reason, those comments always seem to be a little off topic. Anyway, there are others who clearly stand at the top of the pack. And now it’s time for me to say thank you by giving a bunch of stuff away.
I dug into my memorabilia box (much smaller than it used to be now that I’m married) and pulled out some things to give out. I also went to airlines to see who might want to participate and Alaska, Delta, JetBlue, and Southwest all agreed to join in the party.
If you read the comments, you probably know who the top two commenters are without a hint. David SFeastbay tops the list with over 1,000 while Nicholas Barnard is right behind at just shy of 900. They have both been active on the blog for years, and I’m happy to be able to offer them something to say thank you.
David SFeastbay, to thank you for having the most comments on the blog, I’m excited to be able to send you a retro Delta L1011 model thanks to Delta Air Lines. (I was very tempted to just keep that for myself.) Nicholas Barnard, I’ll be sending you a complimentary Delta Sky Club day pass, also from Delta. In addition, you’ll both receive:
- One free roundtrip Flight Monitoring and Flight Planning service using Cranky Concierge
- A Cranky t-shirt of your choosing
- One complimentary day pass to an Alaska Airlines Board Room lounge and a complimentary wifi pass on an Alaska Airlines flight (thanks to Alaska Airlines)
- One premium Southwest pen and a Southwest thumb drive (thanks to Southwest Airlines)
- Choice of a JetBlue LEGO airplane, JetBlue frisbee, or JetBlue water bottle (thanks to JetBlue)
- First pick from the Cranky memorabilia pile
It’s not just David SFeastbay and Nicholas Barnard who get to share in the fun. There are 20 more of you who have commented more than 100 times and continue to be active (meaning you’ve commented this year). Here are the names in descending order of number of comments:
Bill from DC
Ok, so David M only has 99 comments but come on, close enough, right? You guys will all get the following:
- Your choice of one complimentary day pass to an Alaska Airlines Board Room lounge or a complimentary wifi pass on an Alaska Airlines flight (thanks to Alaska Airlines)
- Your choice of one premium Southwest pen or a Southwest thumb drive (thanks to Southwest Airlines)
- One pick from the Cranky memorabilia pile
I’ve already sent emails to all of you except for “David” who I believe uses a fake address (though it’s consistently the same fake address, so I know it’s you). So David, send me a note and I’ll respond with the details.
For the rest of you, if anything is left over after these guys are done with it (and yes, I believe they’re all guys, ladies), then I might put some kind of contest up to give away the rest of the stuff. And while you’re at it, come on in and join the comment party. Though it can get heated, it’s almost always respectful and the discussion is usually more interesting than the post that kicked it off. Besides, you never know what top commenters will get at the 10 year anniversary.