As mentioned a couple weeks ago, I’ve partnered with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) to add a bonus event to Cranky Dorkfest LAX on Saturday, September 7. We’ll be taking a behind-the-scenes airfield bus tour at LAX that morning before the main event begins. Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested.
The first 50 people to RSVP will be given a spot on the bus. We will take 60 RSVPs, because, well, this is an airline thing and overbooking is fun. (No, seriously, I’ll just keep a short waitlist in case of cancellations.)
Sign-ups open at crankyflier.com/dorkfestlax this Friday, July 12 (in two days), at 10am PT/1pm ET. The link will not redirect until that time, so there’s no use in going early.
These are the rules and requirements if you decide to join us:
- Each person who signs up can bring no more than 1 guest with them – guests should be 6 years of age or older.
- Your invitation is only good for you and your guests. If you are unable to attend, you must tell us so that we can reallocate your space.
- When you sign up, you are agreeing to be at the Flight Path Museum by 9am on September 7 – you can drive and park or take rideshare/taxi.
- You are required to submit your full name, date of birth, and driver license or passport details for security pre-screening if you wish to take the tour. You will receive a message with instructions on how to provide that information once attendance is confirmed.
- You may not bring any bags on the bus with you. There will be storage at the Flight Path Museum. (Cameras are welcome.)
- You may be subject to additional security screening.
- The bus will leave from the Flight Path at 9:30am whether you are on it or not.
- The bus will return to the Flight Path within an hour. For those who are going to In-N-Out for the main event and don’t have a car, the bus will then continue on to In-N-Out to drop you off.
- LAWA may cancel the tour at any time for any reason.
If you have any questions, leave them here in the comments or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.