It took more than 6 years to get here, but this post is my 2,000th. And on those 2,000 posts, you’ve left more than 33,333 comments. That’s a lot of words. So I thought I would look back at some of the things I blogged about during that first month in August 2006. Posts were more frequent and a lot shorter back then.
- Delta re-built its LAX hub with Mexico regional jet flights.
- The number of checked bags soared thanks to the liquid ban going into effect and early feedback was positive because of how few carry-ons there were.
- Boeing shut down its Connexion inflight internet service.
- JetBlue CEO David Neeleman wanted to power his planes with coal.
- MAXjet announced flights from London to Vegas.
- I wrote up a trip report from a trip to Indianapolis on the newly-merged US Airways.
- United killed its short-lived regional jet hub in San Antonio.
It’s fun to look back on the first 2,000 posts. If you all keep reading, I look forward to 2,000 more.