We are only ONE weeks away from the first Cranky Network Awards on March 24 at 5pm PT/8pm ET! This week, Courtney Miller from Visual Approach Analytics and I are proud to announce the nominees for the final five categories that we will be awarding that evening during the YouTube Premiere broadcast.
These categories range from pure avgeekinees to more serious network achievements. Watch the short video below to see the nominees.
Best New Partnership
- Alaska and American Reloaded
- American and JetBlue Part Deux
- Alaska and Qatar
- American and Gol
- Air Canada and Etihad
- Korean and Asiana
Most Clever Flight Number
- Alaska 500 – Seattle to Indianapolis
- American 1492 – Dallas/Fort Worth to Columbus
- Allegiant 711 – Las Vegas to Bellingham
- Hawaiian 50 – Honolulu to New York/JFK
- Southwest 808 – Oakland to Honolulu
Best New Destination
- La Paz, Mexico on American
- Wilmington, Delaware on Frontier
- Hyderabad, India on Air India
- Bangalore, India on Air India, American, and United
- Bucaramanga, Colombia on Spirit
- Asunción, Paraguay on Eastern
Most Improved Network
- United Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
Worst Airline Ever
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air India
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- South African Airways
And there you have it. Now, it’s just time to wait until March 24 at 5pm PT/8pm ET.
Please mark your calendars for March 24 and be ready to join us for a live chat during the ceremony. (Since it’s pre-recorded, we can actually chat with you.) And then, next year… the goal is to do it in person in Southern California along with our presenting sponsor, Ontario International Airport.
We hope you can join us!