You might notice that things look a little different up top on the blog. That’s because it’s a big day here at Cranky Flier and Cranky Concierge. After 10 years (you believe I’ve been writing this blog since 2006?), we’ve finally introduced a new logo. But that’s just a small piece of what’s happening.
Now I know what you’re thinking. When will all the airplanes have the new livery? Oh wait, I have no airplanes. But after 10 years, it seemed like it was time to update things. While the logo is changing, fear not. My post illustrations will remain as amateurish and terrible as always.
The logo change is actually a byproduct of a much bigger change over at Cranky Concierge. Yes, that has a new logo, but it’s much more than that.
Today we’re introducing a brand new website at Cranky Concierge that replaces the one I built from scratch back when we started in 2009. We had long outgrown that website, and we now have one that looks far more professional. It’s also way more functional. We were lucky enough to snag Mike Sharer, Senior Front End Developer for the National Hockey League, to build this for us. He does work under 29degre.es, and he’s put together something great for us. Our Office and Technology Manager Dave Junco deserves a ton of credit for managing the entire process from start to finish.
So what’s new besides a complete refresh? There’s now a calculator on the site so people can punch in what they need and get a quote for our services. And that quote is going to be different than before thanks to a new pricing structure. Payments are also handled directly by our site (securely, of course) instead of sending customers off to Paypal.
It used to be that our pricing included up to 4 people traveling together. Now it’s all per person. That means in most cases, single travelers will pay less than they did before. Meanwhile groups of people will end up paying more. Here’s how it’ll work.
- When you sign up with us a week or more in advance of your domestic travel, flight monitoring will be $10 each way per person and flight planning will be $20 each way per person.
- When you sign up with us a week or more in advance of your international travel, flight monitoring will be $25 one way per person and flight planning will be $35 each way per person.
- If something has already gone wrong and you need urgent assistance to fix it, the fee will be $100 per person.
There will be additional charges for additional services.
- Sign-ups within 1 week of travel: $25 per group
- Award travel (use your miles or upgrades): $75 per person
- Changes (when you have us make your changes for you): $30 per person
- After hours service (outside our regular hours of 6a to 7p PT Monday through Friday): $100 per group
But you don’t really need to remember any of this. The calculator on the site will handle that for you.
We started working on this idea last July, and we’ve been busting our butts ever since then to make sure we got it right. Hopefully you agree that we did. If you find any bugs while you’re playing around, please send those over to firstname.lastname@example.org. We know there are some, and now we just get to knock them out as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, I hope it’s not too hard to get used to the new logo. Despite the change, it’s business as usual on the blog. I’ll be back tomorrow with a post as always.