It’s getting close. My wife is due in just about 3 weeks, and that means I’m going to need to take a little Cranky break once it happens. I don’t plan on being gone for long, but it does mean that it’s time for one of those rare opportunities for guest posting on the blog. If you have any interest in writing a post, send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea. Here’s what you need to keep in mind:
- Your post has to be airline/aviation related. I’m looking for commercial air travel posts here. If you read the blog, you know what kind of stuff will work.
- The topic has to be “evergreen.” In other words, it has to be something that could run a month from now since I’ll need to get these prepared in advance and ready to go. The exact posting date isn’t known, so it can’t be something like, oh, that Alec Baldwin post I wrote earlier this week. That would look pretty dumb a month from now.
- No product or service promotions are allowed. If you have something interesting to write about, you’ll get a link with a byline at the bottom of the post, but the post itself can’t promote something you’re selling.
- It should be between 500 and 800 words. Anything over 1,000 words I won’t even consider.
- You have to be able to provide an image to use in the post that you have rights to use. I won’t have time to go digging around looking for good images.
- The post has to be approved by me first. Don’t just write something up and send it over. Make sure I’ve given you the go-ahead.
- Proper grammar is very important, and so is correct spelling. I can’t spend a lot of time editing these.
I’ll probably pick 5 or 6 that I can have in the hopper, ready to go when I need to be doing other things. Send me your ideas.