If you’ve been holding out until the end to start bidding on the Cranky Dorkfest LAX progressive dinner, then the time has come. And the event is getting better. Alaska will now be hosting us in the T6 lounge for food and drink!
Bidding ends at 5pm PT tonight. Get your bids in here (or click here if you can’t see the form):
As a reminder, here’s the current plan which is subject to change if required:
- Terminal 7 – Arrive by 4:15pm for a visit to United’s LAX operations center followed by a drink in the United Polaris Lounge (courtesy of United)
- NEW! Terminal 6 – A sampling of food and drinks in the Alaska lounge
- Terminal 5 – Main course and one drink at a restaurant to be determined
- Terminal 4 – Tour of American’s Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, and Flagship Dining Room followed by dessert in the American Flagship Lounge conference room overlooking the ramp (courtesy of American)
- Bradley Terminal (TBIT) – After-dinner drink at a bar to be determined
We’ll spend 1 to 1.5 hours at each stop, so it will wrap up between 10 and 11. We will all walk together to make sure we keep everything running on time. Everything mentioned above is included in your bid. What’s not included? If you want more drinks or more food, that’s on you. If you drive, parking is extra at the regular LAX rates.
I’m running this as an auction with half of the net proceeds going to the Flight Path Museum at LAX.
The 10 highest bids will be chosen, and at that point, a link will be sent to each winner to request payment. Payment has to be received by Monday, August 26 or the spot will be given to the next person on the list.
If you’d like to follow along and see how things stand, you can do it here. Or the current top ten is embedded below. Keep refreshing the page to see the updated list.
If you bid and see that you’ve been bumped off, you can either go back to your existing bid and revise it or you can just submit a new bid with the same email address. You can bid as many times as you’d like, but each bidder can only win one spot. No guests are allowed, so if you’re a couple, bid separately.