Each year, the Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) asks travelers to vote in the Passenger Choice Awards. This year, APEX is focused on spreading the word in order to get even more votes to determine the winners. That’s why they’ve sponsored a post here on the blog. They want your input. Voting ends on June 30, so please do it now.
This is actually a somewhat unique system of voting because it’s not asking you to rate your overall opinion of an airline. Instead, it simply asks for you to talk about the experience you had on the airline you chose for your last flight. If you take the full survey, it’s no more than 10 minutes in length, but you can pick and choose the areas of the passenger experience that you want to comment on, so it can actually be much quicker.
Curious to know what the categories are? Well, here they are with last year’s winners:
- Best Overall Passenger Experience – Virgin America
- Best in Region: Africa – Ethiopian Airlines
- Best in Region: Americas – Virgin America
- Best in Region: Asia and Australasia – Garuda Indonesia
- Best in Region: Europe – Virgin Atlantic
- Best in Region: Middle East – Emirates
- Best Inflight Publication – Taca International Airlines (Merged with Avianca)
- Best IFE User Interface – Virgin Atlantic
- Best Inflight Connectivity & Communications – Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Best Inflight Video – TAP Portugal
- Best Cabin Ambiance – SWISS
- Best Food & Beverage, in conjunction with IFSA – Turkish Airlines
- Best Ground Experience – Virgin America
There’s probably little surprise that Virgin-related airlines won in so many categories last year, however, you might be scratching your head about, say, the winner in Asia. Naturally, this is the result of who ends up participating. If one airline pushes voting for the awards to its frequent fliers, it can have a real impact on the results. So this year, I’m hoping that we can get more people involved who aren’t directly tied to a single airline. That’s your cue…
Voting ends on June 30, so vote now. It’s time to have your say. Winners will be announced at the APEX Expo in September.