Going to Mexico or Canada? Bring Your Passport

Government Regulation

passport It has probably not been publicized nearly well enough yet, but soon you’re going to need your passport to go anywhere outside the US by plane.

On January 23, anyone traveling by air between the US and any foreign country will be required to have a passport to proceed through immigration. This includes Canada and Mexico.

Right now, it’s not necessary to have a passport for our neighboring countries – a birth certificate and picture ID will do – but that’s about the change.

It’s important to note that this year’s change only applies to people traveling by air. The following year the same rules will go into effect for people traveling by ship or car as well so you should apply for your passport now to beat the rush.

Get Cranky in Your Inbox!

The airline industry moves fast. Sign up and get every Cranky post in your inbox for free.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Cranky Flier