The rumors started swirling yesterday, and it was confirmed overnight. ATA is shutting down effective this morning. They lost their military contract, and so they’re done. I’ll have more on this tomorrow (my regular post here today will be up soon). If you were booked on them, try to get a refund from your credit card or see if any other airline will accommodate you. If you booked them via a Southwest codeshare, Southwest will take care of you.
Subscribe to Cranky Posts for Free
Most Popular Posts This Month
- How Southwest Determines Your Boarding Card Number, and How You Can Now Jump the Line for $40
- Delta Walks Away From the Seattle to Haneda Route, Forces American to Lose Money
- Delta’s Tentative Agreement with Pilots Could Mean Higher Wages, Lower Profit Sharing, and More Airplanes
- Is a Labor Slowdown The Reason United’s Operation Has Been Terrible?
- United Exits JFK, Consolidates Its Power at Newark
- Norwegian Brings Its 737 to the US… From the Caribbean, Not Europe
Categories787 Accidents/Incidents Across the Aisle Interviews Admin Advertising AirTran Alaska Airlines Alitalia Allegiant American Baggage BNET Boeing British Airways Continental Customer Service Delays/Cancellations Delta Distribution Emirates Fares Frequent Flier Programs Frontier Government Regulation Guest Posts Hawaiian Inflight Entertainment JetBlue Labor Relations LAX - Los Angeles Lufthansa Mergers/Finance Midwest Airlines Miscellaneous Northwest Safety/Security Schedule Changes Seats Southwest Spirit Technology Trip Reports United US Airways Virgin America