Lots of talk this week about the near-miss between a Spirit aircraft and a skydiving airplane. The Spirit pilot did everything right and descended quickly to get away from the other airplane. Have you ever been in that kind of situation before where an aircraft makes a quick descent or goes into a rapid climb to avoid an accident? What was it like?
Subscribe to Cranky Posts for Free
Most Popular Posts This Month
- How Southwest Determines Your Boarding Card Number, and How You Can Now Jump the Line for $40
- Which Airlines and Cities Stand to Win if The LaGuardia Perimeter Rule Disappears?
- My First Flight in American’s New Slimline Seats (Trip Report)
- The US Carriers Show Their Case Against Middle East Carriers, But Will Anyone Care?
- The Big US Carriers Are Just Begging for Competition
- If Anyone Will Make Low Cost Transatlantic Flying Work, It’s Probably Ryanair
Categories787 Accidents/Incidents Across the Aisle Interviews Admin Advertising AirTran Alaska Airlines Alitalia Allegiant American Baggage BNET Boeing British Airways Continental Customer Service Delays/Cancellations Delta Distribution ExpressJet Fares Frequent Flier Programs Frontier Government Regulation Guest Posts Hawaiian Inflight Entertainment JetBlue Labor Relations LAX - Los Angeles Lufthansa Mergers/Finance Midwest Airlines Miscellaneous Northwest Safety/Security Schedule Changes Seats Southwest Spirit Technology Trip Reports United US Airways Virgin America