Lots of talk this week about the near-miss between a Spirit aircraft and a skydiving airplane. The Spirit pilot did everything right and descended quickly to get away from the other airplane. Have you ever been in that kind of situation before where an aircraft makes a quick descent or goes into a rapid climb to avoid an accident? What was it like?
Subscribe to Cranky Posts for Free
Most Popular Posts This Month
- How Southwest Determines Your Boarding Card Number, and How You Can Now Jump the Line for $40
- Is a Labor Slowdown The Reason United’s Operation Has Been Terrible?
- Delta Walks Away From the Seattle to Haneda Route, Forces American to Lose Money
- Delta’s Tentative Agreement with Pilots Could Mean Higher Wages, Lower Profit Sharing, and More Airplanes
- United Exits JFK, Consolidates Its Power at Newark
- Norwegian Brings Its 737 to the US… From the Caribbean, Not Europe
Categories787 Accidents/Incidents Across the Aisle Interviews Admin Advertising AirTran Alaska Airlines Alitalia Allegiant American Baggage BNET Boeing British Airways Continental Customer Service Delays/Cancellations Delta Distribution Emirates Fares Frequent Flier Programs Frontier Government Regulation Guest Posts Hawaiian Inflight Entertainment JetBlue Labor Relations LAX - Los Angeles Lufthansa Mergers/Finance Midwest Airlines Miscellaneous Northwest Safety/Security Schedule Changes Seats Southwest Spirit Technology Trip Reports United US Airways Virgin America