American has decided to ditch its existing portable inflight entertainment system and go with the cooler Samsung Galaxy tablet instead. This may only be in places where American has a portable system today, but it’s a big upgrade. Now for the question . . . how many will get stolen on every flight? Any guesses?
Subscribe to Cranky Posts for Free
Most Popular Posts This Month
- How Southwest Determines Your Boarding Card Number, and How You Can Now Jump the Line for $40
- Which Airlines and Cities Stand to Win if The LaGuardia Perimeter Rule Disappears?
- My First Flight in American’s New Slimline Seats (Trip Report)
- The US Carriers Show Their Case Against Middle East Carriers, But Will Anyone Care?
- The Big US Carriers Are Just Begging for Competition
- If Anyone Will Make Low Cost Transatlantic Flying Work, It’s Probably Ryanair
Categories787 Accidents/Incidents Across the Aisle Interviews Admin Advertising AirTran Alaska Airlines Alitalia Allegiant American Baggage BNET Boeing British Airways Continental Customer Service Delays/Cancellations Delta Distribution ExpressJet Fares Frequent Flier Programs Frontier Government Regulation Guest Posts Hawaiian Inflight Entertainment JetBlue Labor Relations LAX - Los Angeles Lufthansa Mergers/Finance Midwest Airlines Miscellaneous Northwest Safety/Security Schedule Changes Seats Southwest Spirit Technology Trip Reports United US Airways Virgin America