American has decided to ditch its existing portable inflight entertainment system and go with the cooler Samsung Galaxy tablet instead. This may only be in places where American has a portable system today, but it’s a big upgrade. Now for the question . . . how many will get stolen on every flight? Any guesses?
Subscribe to Cranky Posts for Free
Most Popular Posts This Month
- How Southwest Determines Your Boarding Card Number, and How You Can Now Jump the Line for $40
- United Walks Away From Dallas Love Field Airport, Makes Southwest Happy and Delta Angry
- Delta Earns a Cranky Jackass Award for Requiring Several Week Advance Purchase to Book Low Level Domestic Awards and Not Telling Anyone
- US Airlines Ramp Up Effort to Stifle Middle East Carriers – What Do They Know?
- A Trip on Virgin America I Wish I Didn’t Have to Take (Trip Report)
- A Missed Opportunity: How American Should Have Responded to This Unhappy Traveler (Ask Cranky)
Categories787 Accidents/Incidents Across the Aisle Interviews Admin Advertising AirTran Alaska Airlines Alitalia Allegiant American Baggage BNET Boeing British Airways Continental Customer Service Delays/Cancellations Delta Distribution ExpressJet Fares Frequent Flier Programs Frontier Government Regulation Guest Posts Hawaiian Inflight Entertainment JetBlue Labor Relations LAX - Los Angeles Lufthansa Mergers/Finance Midwest Airlines Miscellaneous Northwest Safety/Security Schedule Changes Seats Southwest Spirit Technology Trip Reports United US Airways Virgin America