Ok, Bill from DC, this one is for you. Let’s talk new flights at Washington/National airport. There is a lot going on these days.
- American will use an exemption to fly from National to LA
- Delta will use an exemption to add a 2nd daily flight from National to Salt Lake
- United will use an exemption to start National to San Francisco
- Virgin America wants to use an exemption to also do National to San Francisco
- Southwest has applied for a different slot to fly to Oklahoma City (and then on to Dallas)
- Frontier wants that same slot to fly to Louisville
- US Airways wants to keep that slot flying to Jackson, MS
If you really want to keep up on this, follow Dan Webb over at Things in the Sky. But for now, let’s get talking. What will US Airways do with its slot exemption? Who will get the four beyond perimeter slots for new entrants? Will Sarah find out that her husband has been cheating on her with her sister? Tune in next time on Slots of our Lives.