Delta has quietly started shrinking Memphis again. Beginning January 4, service will cease between Memphis and Baltimore, Grand Rapids, Gulfport/Biloxi, Mobile, Northwest Florida (Panama City), Seattle, and Wichita. Delta will also cut one daily flight between Memphis and Cleveland, Huntsville, Jacksonville, Newark, Philadelphia, and Shreveport. Where will this end? What’s the future (or lack thereof) for the Memphis hub?
Subscribe to Cranky Posts for Free
Most Popular Posts This Month
- How Southwest Determines Your Boarding Card Number, and How You Can Now Jump the Line for $40
- Delta Walks Away From the Seattle to Haneda Route, Forces American to Lose Money
- Delta’s Tentative Agreement with Pilots Could Mean Higher Wages, Lower Profit Sharing, and More Airplanes
- Is a Labor Slowdown The Reason United’s Operation Has Been Terrible?
- United Exits JFK, Consolidates Its Power at Newark
- Norwegian Brings Its 737 to the US… From the Caribbean, Not Europe
Categories787 Accidents/Incidents Across the Aisle Interviews Admin Advertising AirTran Alaska Airlines Alitalia Allegiant American Baggage BNET Boeing British Airways Continental Customer Service Delays/Cancellations Delta Distribution Emirates Fares Frequent Flier Programs Frontier Government Regulation Guest Posts Hawaiian Inflight Entertainment JetBlue Labor Relations LAX - Los Angeles Lufthansa Mergers/Finance Midwest Airlines Miscellaneous Northwest Safety/Security Schedule Changes Seats Southwest Spirit Technology Trip Reports United US Airways Virgin America